Auf Wiedersehen


Photo taken by yours truly @Tegel Airport, Berlin, Germany - March 2018
How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. 

You know how they say that everyone enters your life for a reason? I wholeheartedly believe that to be true. I have met some of the most amazing people these past couple of months who will have a lasting impact on my life.

Time is going rather fast. Even though I didn't know you for very long, I realised that you are a wonderful person and will forever be thankful that you somehow made your way into my life. I have no doubt in my mind that you'll be doing great there. But if you aren't somedays, I want you to remember that I am just a FaceTime or a flight away. I want you to remember that when you are low or lonely, you have friends on the other side of the world cheering for you and believing in you. I want you to breathe and take in the strangeness, the beauty and experience it all. I want you to breathe out and let the fears, anxious and uncertainties go. I want you to let it all flow through you. 

Sorry for all the times I may have unknowingly hurt your feelings and caused you pain. Well, you know that people like "us" have our days that are okay and some that aren't. Thank you for all the late night texting. Thank you for opening up to me. Thank you for never giving up on me. Thank you for giving me advise that I never wanted to hear. Thank you for being you. Thank you for not giving up on yourself. Thank you for always making me smile, for all the inside jokes, and the memories that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. But, most of all, thank you for being my person.

I look at our friendship as a blessing. You never questioned me, you have always supported me no matter what the circumstances were. You are one of a kind that is definitely worth living for. If I could give you one thing, I would give you the ability to see yourself as others see you. Then, hopefully you would realise what truly special person you are. Thank you so much for the love and care. Your words are pretty powerful. They can either build a person up or tear them down. Choose to build people up. Choose encouragement over competition. 

And admit when you're not okay. You don't have to hold the entire world together, that's not your job. When you are struggling, let someone in. This matters. People can't help you if you don't tell them where you are. 

Another thing, there's no shame in feeling lost and depressed. Anyone who makes you feel less than because of these feelings isn't someone you want in your corner. Admitting your need for help is a brave act and it should be commended, not condemned. On the day you whisper "I'm not okay... please don't leave me alone in this" feel no shame. You're braver than you know.

Lastly, enjoy every second of everyday because it goes so fast. Don't let the little things ruin the bigger picture, and appreciate the good and the bad that comes. With each day you will face new challenges. Guard your heart is a way of saying, "Be careful with who you let in and what you give them access to". Some people come in for the long haul and some people come in with no intention to stay. Choose wisely. Don't forget that I too have been through these challenges, and no matter what, I am just a phone call away for you. I will always be there for you no matter what the distance is and I hope that you feel the same. You are going to do great things and are going to have even better stories to tell and share when you come back.

Life is something worth paying attention to. Find what makes you come alive. 

As mentioned, you are enough. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To the Ones Who Stood by Me at My Lowest Point and Never Let Me Forget How Special I Am

Healing is On Its Way

The F Word